Monday, May 25, 2009

New life springs eternal in Alaska


Some of the greatest moments of living in Alaska come when you realize that nature and man have truly collided. Today as I drove my daughter to Build-A-Bear workshop in the largest Alaska city, we came across a moose calf. The calf was maybe 2 days old. It was fascinating to watch. As I pulled up closer to the momma to get a picture, the baby instinctively hid behind its much larger counterpart. We have forgotten these roles of nature, our invasion into the space they once called their own. I am so thankful to live in such a beautiful place where in the heart of the city, life has sprung..

In all of my years in Alaska I have never seen a newborn calf in the city. It was an incredible moment for me, my two children and many other onlookers who stared in awe at the sight of this beautiful moment.

Another reason to visit or move to the great State of Alaska....

Move on down the page, there is more to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment